The Shiatsu Foot Massager harnesses the power of Shiatsu massage to soothe away tired, aching feet and the stresses of everyday life.
It is designed for ease of use, with toe-activated control, breathable fabric, convenient cable storage and adjustable foot angle and heat function for extra comfort. Simply place your feet on the 36 rotating Shiatsu massage heads and relax.
- 【High Quality & Versatile Design】The ATMOKO Foot Massage Shiatsu mimics the technique of a professional massage therapist, soothe your tired feet from a long day of work. Relieves plantar fasciitis pain, muscle pain, stiffness, reduces fatigue, and promotes circulation. Over 650,000 sold in the UK
- 【Unique Telescope Rotating Design】26 deep-kneading massaging heads cover most acupuncture points on your feet, to relieve tension and soreness from feet. Unique Up and Down Telescope Design specially designed for the arch part on your feet, locate the acupuncture points on the arch accurately, with the suitable strength, relax your body within 1 minute, suitable for all types of feet
- 【Heating Function】ATMOKO Electric Foot Massager Machine equipped with Infrared heat function. The soothing heating function during the massage can help further melt away tension and relieve muscle spasm and pain, help with the blood circulation, and better sleep at night. You could manually turn off the heat function if not preferred to use
- 【One Switch Control】ATMOKO shiatsu foot massager with heat designed with one-button control, which took the hassle out of having to bend over in order to power on/off the machine and adjust the settings. The breathable mesh design helps the heat quickly penetrates from below into the sole and promotes blood circulation in the sole of the foot, keep feet dry and clean in summer
- 【Unique 1 Minute Auto Reverse Design】Different from other foot massagers on the market, The foot massager machine equipped with 1-minute auto-reverse design, help with the blood circulation on your feet. Just 15 minutes a day, offer your feet relief from pain and tension, help to ease your mind, get rid of stress and feel more relaxed, starting from the bottom up
Benefits of a Shiatsu Foot massager:
1. It’s good for your sex life
All it takes is some massage oil, a few scented candles and light music to set the perfect mood for a night of passionate lovemaking. A foot massage is a selfless gift to your significant other, it helps them forget about minor annoyances they’ve had to deal with throughout the day and it is a great form of foreplay.
The feet are a great starting point since they can cause mild arousal and offer easy transition to more powerful erogenous zones like the back of the knees and inner thighs.
2. Improves circulation
Due to a mostly sedentary lifestyle we have become unaccustomed to using our muscles on a regular basis. The muscles in the feet get hardly any exercise and circulation is often impaired by tight and uncomfortable shoes. A 10–20 minute massage session before going to bed can greatly improve circulation in the lower extremities, which is particularly important for people suffering from diabetes.
3. Helps prevent foot and ankle injuries
Massaging the feet can help with joint pain and aid recovery after an injury, as well as reduce muscle soreness. However, when massage is combined with foot and ankle strengthening exercises and stretching it can prevent future injuries, as well as speed up recovery of existing injuries. A short session three to five times a week will ensure that you minimize the risk of injury. We all have our moments of clumsiness, but a strengthened and flexible ankle and foot ensures that we can avoid unpleasant injuries.
4. Reduces the effects of depression and anxiety
Looking at some of the studies that have been done on the effects of reflexology, it seems that this type of foot massage goes beyond simply putting people in a relaxed state for the duration of the massage.
Frequent sessions have been shown to significantly reduce anxiety in cancer patients. The techniques can be learned fairly quickly and can serve as an effective way of dealing with depression and anxiety.
5. Helps with headaches and migraines
A study conducted in Denmark showed that people suffering from headaches and migraines showed great improvement after receiving reflexology treatments. The test subjects stopped taking their medication, and three months after completing their treatments, 65% had reduced symptoms while a small number had been cured. It is believed that those who had reflexology foot massages managed to make additional positive lifestyle changes that may have contributed to their impressive results.
6. Lowers blood pressure
High blood pressure has become fairly common in modern men and women. It can be caused by a number of things such as stress and an unhealthy diet, but in most cases it has no particular cause and is believed to be a result of environmental factors and genetics. A study conducted on healthcare staff working with elderly people suffering from dementia – a job that is highly stressful and both physically and mentally taxing – showed that a 10-minute foot massage session up to three times a week resulted in improved mood, less anxiety and lower blood pressure.
7. Helps with flat feet and plantar fasciitis
People with flat feet do not have a normal foot arch due to ligament laxity, which causes the arch to collapse. It can have no major effect on a person, but some people experience foot pain after even mild physical activity due to flat feet. Chronic heel pain can be caused by inflammation or deterioration of the plantar fascia (the connective tissue that supports the arch of the foot). Regular foot exercise coupled with deep massage, where you apply strong pressure on the arch, can help significantly lessen the pain and even cure these conditions.
8. Helps alleviate symptoms of PMS and menopause
The most common symptoms suffered during PMS include feelings of sadness and unhappiness, irritability, anxiety, tension, insomnia, fatigue, headaches and mood swings. Most of these symptoms can be alleviated with daily foot massages during this period.
In the same vein, symptoms of menopause, which are similar to those suffered during PMS with the addition of hot flashes and depression, can be effectively minimized with regular massages.
9. Reduces effects of edema in pregnant women
Edema, that is, swelling due to fluid retention in the feet and ankles, is very common in pregnant women, mostly in the last trimester. This condition can be combated by massaging the feet on a daily basis, coupled with plenty of rest and the right diet.
As you can see, foot massage is a lot more beneficial to both physical and mental health than most people realize. Although professional massages can sometimes be a bit costly, there are plenty of resources available online that can help you learn a thing or two about the different styles of foot massage. It only takes some 10–20 minutes a few times a week, so you and your significant other can reap the tremendous benefits of foot massage without a lot of work.